A vigorous village situated in the north-western outpost of the Slovak Paradise. Some of its originally built houses remained unchained till today. It was mentioned in the historical documents for the first time in 1294.
During the Middle Ages it was a mining town. It had a brewery, a sawmill and a mill.
RELICS: A church - originally built in the late Romanesque-style, refurbished in the Gothic style in the 14-th century, modified in Baroque and Classicist style in the 17-th and 19-th century; Evangelic church from the year 1837 with a late-baroque altar; A memorial devoted to the soldiers killed in the 1-st and 2-nd World War.
AVAILABLE SERVICES: a restaurant, private accommodation.
ACCESS: By bus from Poprad (7 km).
SURROUNDINGS: Vernár (9 km), Spišský Štiavnik (3 km), Betlanovce (6 km).
NOTE: The village is not a suitable starting point for the hikes to the Slovak Paradise.